Sunday, January 1, 2012

Aunt Bessie Saves the day.

Well that´s Christmas and New Year out of the way then. I enjoyed the two carol services performed by the Right Reverand Nigel Turner at the Cumberland Bar, there were mince pies and mulled wine and lustily sung  Christmas songs  of which I hadn´t personally performed since assembly at school at the arse end of the 70´s.
My Christmas Day was officially "Quiet" I set about making Christmas dinner which was a first for me and pleased to say it was a masterpiece! - Well the chicken breast was a touch on the chewy side, me "Aunt Bessie" roasties turned me oven into a raging inferno and at one point I dashed hot foot into the kitchen thinking the thing had blown up. (As it turned out somebody had dropped a bag of shopping out in the corridor but it sounded like an explosion to me). Only problem was that Í´d made enought to feed a family of six, and I sat there like Henry the sodding 8th ploughing my way through mounds of veg, 4 giant Yorkshire puddings and enough mashed potatoes to grout me entire bathroom. After about an hour I gave a groan, rolled to one side like a giant Weeble and and fell asleep with a sprout in me mouth at around 5:30pm.

No comments: